Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Union 14 Eastside 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Union 14 Eastside 7

    At the jamboree today
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Union 14 Eastside 7

    Crap I thought that was Fri night. Are they still having it with the weather?
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Union 14 Eastside 7

    These are the scores I came away with:
    Abingdon 21, Graham 14
    Union 14, Eastside 7
    Gate City 28, Graham 14
    Union 7, Abingdon 0
    VA High 21, Eastside 0
    George Wythe 21, Gate City 7
    George Wythe 13, VA High 7 (Roughly midway through the game)

    If I had to rank the teams based on the performances I saw, this is how it would look:
    1. George Wythe
    2. Gate City
    3. VA High
    4. Union
    5. Abingdon
    6. Eastside
    7. Graham

    Without a doubt, Wythe appeared to be the strongest of all the teams. I was impressed by them, even though they slowed down halfway through the game versus Gate City and were showing signs of even more fatigue in their next game. VA High was giving them all they could handle, but as I was leaving Wythe was mounting a comeback and had taken the lead. They had pretty good size and lots of talent on both sides of the ball. It was difficult for me to pick the "weakest" of all the teams because most of them I'd only seen once or twice - and it is, after all, only a jamboree. I think you could really mix up the bottom 3, but if there was one team I was the least impressed with it was Graham. They played rather sloppily, I thought. Eastside did, too, but they were mounting a comeback near the end of the Union game so I can't help but position them above Graham.

    You could arguably even mix up the top 3, too. The way VA High fought against Wythe, I could certainly see them being above even Gate City! Those top 3 teams showed some bright spots and I think all 3 will have good seasons. Today, Union played much the same way they did versus Tennessee High: Lots of bright spots and potential, but at the same time too many crucial mistakes on both sides of the ball. They have some work to do, for sure, but just as I said in the Tennessee High scrimmage thread, I really do think they will shape up to be one tough club.

    I recorded the first half of every game but the first and last and will upload the footage as soon as I have the time. Overall, it was an excellent jamboree! The weather was great despite a few rain drops here and there and I even got a little sun thanks to sitting in one spot for roughly 5 1/2 hours! I'm still considering attending the jamboree at Norton tomorrow. I'm not sure I can ever watch enough football.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •